I love to get post.
Not the boring, adult kind that is all bills and health letters (I love our NHS but no one gets excited about their smear test letter!) but the kind comes from friends and family, little reminders that they are thinking of you.
I also love to send post.
I get such a kick out of sending someone a book that I’ve enjoyed and that I think they will like, or finding some little knick-knack that reminds me of them.
I also think that it’s important to reach out to people sometimes and to just remind them that they are special and wonderful. I love social media (as anyone who knows me will tell you!) but there is just something so nice about getting a physical letter or parcel from someone.
Back in 2015, I started a Pay It Forward chain and had so much fun surprising my friends and family with unexpected parcels.
In the rush that was 2016 (I honestly have never had a busier year!) it fell by the wayside but I watched my friend Kirby’s youtube video about how many lives one person can touch in a year a couple of weeks ago and it’s a thought that has stayed with me ever since.
And after the outpouring of love and excitement from our friends and family, following our engagement, I’ve also been wanting to pay some of that joy forward.
So, I’ve decided to start a new chain.
The idea is really simple and can be done in lots of different ways, but the rules I use are as follows:
- I have a jar full of peoples names and I choose one at random each month.
- If that person is having a birthday/wedding/baby/some other celebration that month, I put them back in the jar and choose someone else, because the idea is to celebrate someone that is not expecting it.
- Once I have my person, I choose a bunch of little gifts (or one bigger one) and I post it off to them, with a note explaining how wonderful they are and asking them to pay it forward.
- That person then chooses another person and does the same for them.
If you would like to be involved in my chain, please send me a message (either on here, or via my instagram or twitter) with the following information:
- Your name.
- Your age.
- When your birthday is.
- Your address or an address that you would be comfortable with a parcel being delivered.
- Your favourite book.
- Your favourite film.
- Your favourite colour.
- Your favourite chocolate bar or sweets.
I will then add you to my jar and at some point, you will receive a parcel from me!
This is open to anyone, anywhere in the world and I’d really encourage you to start your own chain.
There is so much darkness in the world these days; lets spread goodness where we can.
And don’t forget to pay it forward!